Along with the MiPad, Xiaomi has launched the successor to the Redmi 1S today, the Redmi 2, in India at a price of Rs. 6,999. The entry-level Android smartphone will compete against the likes of the Lenovo A6000 and the Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) as they come with the similar price tags. The Xiaomi Redmi 2 comes with quite a lot of improvements over the Redmi 1S. It gets a better processor, improved camera, larger capacity battery and brand new colour options.
It features a 4.7-inch HD IPS LCD display, 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor, and 1GB RAM. There's an 8-megapixel camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel secondary front-facing camera. There's 8GB of internal storage present on it alongside 1GB RAM but a special edition 16GB storage variant with 2GB RAM is coming soon too. It supports 4G LTE on both the SIM cards which is quite a unique feature.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, 64-bit 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 306 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera, autofocus, LED Flash, 1080p video recording, and 2-megapixel front camera
- Dual-SIM connectivity with 4G LTE (supports Indian 4G bands), 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, microUSB v2.0 port with USB OTG, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 2,200 mAh battery
- Colour Options: White, Grey, Pink, Green and Yellow
The registrations to buy the device will commence from 6 PM today on Flipkart, and the first flash sale will take place on March 24.