Virgin mobile today announced that it has been awarded the coveted Infocom award for the ‘Most Innovative Mobile Services’ for the year 2009.
The Hon’ble Minister of State Communications & IT, Mr. Gurudas Kamat presented the award to M. A. Madhusudan, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Mobile India at the Annual Infocom National Telecom awards function held in New Delhi.
Since its launch in India, Virgin Mobile has taken a number of innovative initiatives to offer customized and relevant offerings for its youth audience to meet their style, budget and aspirational quotient.
- Virgin Mobile 2 Virgin Mobile’, free after 3: Another unique tariff offer from Virgin Mobile where customers only have to pay for the first 3 minutes of the day at Re. 1/minute for local calls post which calls are free between Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile (daily cap at 200 minutes per day) without any extra pack.
- STD: After the first 3 minutes @Rs. 1.5/minute each day, customers can enjoy outgoing calls through the day at just 50paise/minute for up to 60 minutes daily. Beyond this, the initial rate is applicable.
- LOCAL – After the first 3 minutes @Re.1/minute each day, customers can enjoy outgoing calls for rest of the day at just 50paise/minute.
- SMS 123 – A unique proposition which allows Virgin Mobile customers to send as many as 200 messages per day free to their friends etc. by just paying for the first three messages.
- STD Messages: After the first three messages of the day at Rs. 1.5/- per message, customers can enjoy 100 free messages, beyond which the regular rates apply.
- Local Messages: After the first three messages of the day at Re. 1/- per message in all circles except Tamil Nadu and Karnataka where it is 50 paise, customers can enjoy 100 free messages, beyond which the regular rates apply. This offer from Virgin Mobile was aimed at ushering in genuine freedom of sending SMSs for youth by providing it without any extra pack or upfront commitment.
In addition, Virgin Mobile is offering innovative schemes such as ‘Thank God its Weekend’ that let youth enjoy 100 free local SMSs and all local mobile calls at 30 paise between Friday and Sunday on payment of just Rs. 18.
Virgin Mobile offers a range of six handsets with a blend of style, features, differentiation and affordability the handsets are priced between Rs. 1,199 and Rs. 4,250 and meet the lifestyle, budget and aspirations of the youth.
The current virgin mobile handset portfolio includes vJazz, vBeat, vStyle, vBond, vDesire and vGlide. These handsets are RUIM enabled, come with a colour screen, stereo FM Radio, include one touch access for Vbytes – Virgin Mobile’s VAS portal and much more. Recently Virgin Mobile also made its entry into the data devices segment with the launch of vLink – a sleek USB modem with wireless internet access and 1GB data storage space at Rs. 2,100/- only.
A Happy Geek and a Network Research Engineer with a really cool day job…