A new smartphone has been launched by Videocon dubbed Z51 Nova. This dual-SIM smartphone is priced at Rs. 5,400, and comes with decent hardware specifications for its price. It comes with a 5-inch FWVGA IPS LCD display, a 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, microSD card slot, 5MP rear-facing camera, 2MP front-facing camera, and a 2,000 mAh battery. However, we are let down by its design and software version.
Videocon Z51 Nova Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 854 x 480 pixels, capacitive multitouch
- Android v4.4.2 KitKat operating system, V-Safe & V-Secure apps
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, and microSD card slot
- 5MP primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, and 2MP secondary camera
- Dual-SIM (3G + 2G), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth, A-GPS, microUSB, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensors
- 2,000 mAh battery
Even though it has been an year since the first official announcement of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Videocon Z52 Nova comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat. There is no reason why someone would buy this over the Android One offerings. They are all priced around the same price, and come with the latest software.
With the launch of affordable devices, Videocon aims to make Android technology affordable and available for millions consumers, and bring smart mobility into their hands. With the increasing demand of on-the-go connectivity, we are offering advanced technology, maximum features and stunning design to our consumers at affordable pricing. As a consumer-centric brand, we aim to satisfy the emerging needs of consumers and in line up to the same, we have launched Z51 Nova, which offers stunning design, utmost reliability and a smooth, faster and best-in-class smartphone experience to the consumers.
– Mr. Jerold Pereira, CEO, Videocon Mobile Phones
If Videocon is to make any mark on the smartphone market, it should focus on releasing less devices, but with the right hardware, software, and price tag. Otherwise, it can very well forget the idea of people even remembering the presence of the brand in the market.