There are very few high-end dual-SIM smartphones in India. Even though smartphone vendors make high-end dual-SIM smartphones, very few make it to India. Samsung has released dual-SIM variants of all its high-end smartphones in India but not in India. Even Sony had unveiled the dual-SIM variant of the its flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z3 but it hasn’t been announced for the Indian market, but it is already available from Amazon India with a price tag of Rs. 55,000.
Sony Xperia Z3 Dual Specifications
- 5.2-inch IPS LCD Triluminos display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 424 ppi, Shatter-Proof Glass protection
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC, Adreno 330 GPU, and 3GB RAM
- 16/32GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 20.7-megapixel primary camera, 1/2.3-inch Exmor RS sensor, autofocus Sony G lens, LED flash, and 4K video recording
- 2.2-megapixel secondary camera with 1080p video recording
- Dual-SIM (4G LTE 1800MHz + 2G), dual-standby, FM Radio, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast Screen Mirroring, Wi-Fi Hotspot, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.0 + LE, NFC, and microUSB v2.0 port with USB OTG and USB Host
- Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, electronic compass, barometer, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- 3,100 mAh battery, IP68 certified for water-resistance and dust-proof
The only other high-end smartphones with dual-SIM card slots are the HTC One E8, Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro, and the HTC One M7 Dual, making the Sony Xperia Z3 Dual the highest priced dual-SIM smartphone in India. The listing on Amazon doesn’t seem to mention about warranty details.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.