The Sony Xperia Z2 has just been launched in India at a price of Rs 49,990. Earlier, we reported that it will be priced below Rs 56,000. It will take on flagship smartphones from other brands such as the HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S5. It comes with top of the line hardware specifications alongside its trademark water and dust proof abilities.
- 5.2-inch Triluminos IPS LCD Display, 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, Live Colour LED, X-Reality
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable by 64GB
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 20.7MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording, 2.2MP front-facing snapper
- 3G HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi 820.11 ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, A-GPS GLONASS, MHL 3.0 and NFC
- 3200 mAh non-removable battery
- Black, White and Purple colours
- Free SmartBand Fitness Tracker worth Rs 5,990 and protective case worth Rs 2,990
Sony is also offering a slew of freebies with it which are accidental damage protection for 6 months and 6 movies through Xperia lounge application. The Sony flagship is pretty well equipped to take on the likes of the HTC One M8 and Galaxy S5. Let us wait and watch how things pan out in future. What would you guys choose between the Xperia Z2, Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8?