After unveiling the device earlier this month and teasing the launch of a new mid-range smartphone in India, Sony has launched the Xperia C5 Ultra in India for Rs. 29,990. The device is targeted towards the consumers who like to click selfies as the device has a great front-facing camera that can better serve the purpose.
The Sony Xperia C5 Ultra features a 13-megapixel front-facing camera with a soft LED Selfie Flash and 22 mm wide-angle lens that allows clicking better, brighter, and wider selfies. It can also record 1080p videos using the front-facing camera. There’s a 13-megapixel camera on the rear that has 25 mm wide-angle lens, single-LED flash, and 1080p video recording abilities.
Other features include a large 6-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels for sharper screen, Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system, a 64-bit octa-core processor from MediaTek that has a Mali-T760MP2 GPU, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot. The device is compatible with both the 4G LTE bands that are used in India, and has a 2,930 mAh battery.
Sony Xperia C5 Ultra Specifications
- 6-inch IPS LCD display, 1920×1080 pixels resolution, Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, and Super Vivid Mode
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system
- MediaTek MT6752 , 1.7 GHz 64-bit octa-core CPU, Mali-T760 MP2 (700 MHz) GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (upto 200GB)
- 13MP primary camera, Sony Exmor RS sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens, 80-degree FoV, HDR, and 1080p video recording
- 13MP secondary camera, Soft LED flash, 22mm wide-angle lens, 88-degree FoV, 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi , Wi-Fi Hotspot, Miracast, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.1, aGPS, GLONASS, NFC, microUSB port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 2,930 mAh battery; 164.2 x 79.6 x 8.2 mm; 187 grams
The device is compatible with microSD cards of upto 200GB storage capacity and the company claims that the device lasts around 7 hours and 47 minutes of video playback after a full charge. According to the company, the Sony Xperia C5 Ultra will be available in offline as well as online stores starting today.
This smartphone would be available in three colours; black, white and glossy soft mint. At this price, the Xperia C5 Ultra competes with the likes of the HTC Desire EYE, OnePlus 2, Motorola Nexus 6, ASUS Zenfone Selfie, ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser, and the company’s own Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.