After unveiling it back in June earlier this year, Samsung has officially launched the Galaxy Tab S2 in India today. Priced at Rs. 39,400, the high-end tablet from Samsung is available for purchase from their online store starting today in Gold, Black, and White colours. The highlight of this tablet is its large, pixel-dense Super AMOLED display, 5.6 mm thin metal body, and a fingerprint sensor.
Two screen size variants of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 were unveiled originally, one with a 9.7-inch display and the other with an 8.0-inch display, but Samsung has made up its mind to launch only the 9.7-inch variant in India. The Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 runs Android 5.0.2 Lollipop-based TouchWiz UX out of the box, and features a 9.7-inch Super AMOLED display with 4:3 aspect ratio and a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Specifications
- 9.7-inch Super AMOLED display, 2048 x 1536 pixels, 264 ppi
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop-based TouchWiz UX
- Exynos 5433 processor, 64-bit octa-core CPU (4 x 1.9GHz Cortex-A57 + 4 x 1.3GHz Cortex-A53), and Mali-T760MP6 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot (upto 128GB)
- 8MP primary camera, autofocus, QHD video recording, 2.1MP secondary camera
- Accelerometer, gyro-sensor, and electronic compass
- Nano-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Bluetooth v4.1 + LE, microUSB v2.0 port with MHL
- 5,870 mAh battery and a fingerprint sensor
Other hardware specifications include a 64-bit octa-core Exynos 5433 processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage space, a microSD card slot, an 8-megapixel primary camera with QHD video recording, a 2.1-megapixel secondary camera, and a 5,870 mAh battery. Connectivity-wise, the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 features 4G LTE with voice calling capabilities, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and a microUSB v2.0 port.
In terms of specifications, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 is the only Android tablet that can compete with Apple’s iPad Air 2 that was released last year, but it is priced cheaper, so anyone who wants a high-end Android tablet with a large screen, cellular connectivity, and voice calling abilities.