We recently brought to you the story of Phicomm, a Chinese OEM which manufactures devices for others is planning to enter India. It didn’t reveal as to which device will be launched by it but has now stated which smartphone will be launched first in India.
The Passion 660 (known as the P660) will be the first smartphone to be launched by the company in India. The smartphone will be taking the likes of Xiaomi Mi 4i, Nubia Z9 Mini and Meizu M1 Note as far as the spec sheet will go. The success of the device will be determined by how the company will price it as there are already established players present in the same segment.
The P660 has a 5-inch full HD dsplay and runs Android 4.4 KitKat. It has a Snapdragon 615 chipset under the hood and there’s 2GB of RAM to with it. It will be the company’s first 4G LTE offering for India. Let us take a look at what the device offers:
Phicomm Passion 660 specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 441 ppi
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 64-bit Snapdragon 615 processor, 1.7GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU + 1.1GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU, Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB non-expandable internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel secondary camera
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity
- 2,300 mAh battery
More details regarding the pricing and availability are expected to break cover as the launch date will come closer.