OnePlus continues to roll out new software updates for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones. The Chinese company is now rolling out a new OxygenOS Open Beta 10 update for OnePlus 3T users, while the OnePlus 3 users will receive OxygenOS 19 update. Being an Open Beta update, users who are already in the OxygenOS Open Beta ROM will receive the new update.
If you’ve already flashed an open beta update, you will receive the new update. Otherwise, you have to flash the open beta first, then the update will arrive to your OnePlus 3/3T. That said, the open beta update include features, which will be added to the stable version in future releases.
Having said that, the update includes a lot of new features including all new OnePlus Launcher v2.1, which supports dynamic icons for Weather and Calendar, added ‘Home screen layout’ under launcher settings for grid and icon customizations, grid layout will be kept irrespective of display size changes, and other changes as well.
Besides the new launcher, the update also adds an option to display battery status of connected Bluetooth devices, along with a new OnePlus widget. Also, it has made some changes to the OnePlus clock application.
Furthermore, there are improvements to other system features such as the smart callback now works better, incoming call animations are redesigned, and new OnePlus font optimisations for select languages.
One of our reader Jugunu Alavil has sent out some screenshots of features included in the update. Here are the new features of the update along with the official changelog.
All new OnePlus Launcher v2.1:
- Supports dynamic icons for Weather and Calendar
- Added ‘Home screen layout’ under launcher settings for grid and icon customizations
- Grid layout will be kept irrespective of display size changes
- Added search history records in app drawer, displaying the 5 most recent apps on the first row
- Newly installed apps will now be tagged with a blue dot for easier recognition
- You can access icon pack resources on the Play store directly under launcher settings
- User interface improvements during widget selection
- Launcher version information is now visible under launcher settings
- Added an option to display battery status of connected Bluetooth devices
- Added OnePlus widget (Not usable on Shelf)
- Email address recognition within the text message contents
- Size of clock widget is now adjustable
- Updated UI style for Clock
- Smart Callback works better
- Incoming call animations redesigned
- OnePlus font optimisations for select languages
- Compatibility optimizations for various Bluetooth devices