Nokia has launched the 4G LTE variant of the Lumia 630, dubbed as the Lumia 638, in India for Rs. 8,299. The device was originally announced back in June along with the Lumia 630, the Lumia 630 Dual SIM, and the Lumia 635. The Nokia Lumia 638 features a 4.5-inch FWVGA display, a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, and a 5MP primary camera.
Nokia Lumia 638 (4G LTE) specifications
- 4.5-inch IPS LCD display, 854 x 480 pixels resolution, 218 ppi, ClearBlack panel, and Gorilla Glass 3 screen protection
- Windows Phone 8.1 operating system with Lumia Cyan update
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB RAM
- 8GB inbuilt storage and a microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 5MP primary camera, no LED flash, autofocus, 28mm lens with f/2.4 aperture
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE: Band 38, Band 39, Band 40, Band 41 & FDD-LTE: Band 3, Band 7), and 3G HSPA+ 42.2Mbps DL
- FM Radio, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, and 3.5mm audio jack
- 1,830mAh battery, 129.5 × 66.7 × 9.2 mm, 134 grams
Exclusive products and great deals are key differentiators of the Microsoft Brand Store. Given the increasing demand for Lumia smartphones in India, and with more and more consumers choosing to shop online, we are very excited to announce availability of the Lumia 638 exclusively on our store. The Lumia 638 is the first product to be available exclusively on the Microsoft.
– Ram Narayan Iyer, Group Director of Retail, Sales and Marketing at Microsoft India
It is the first Windows Phone device from Nokia to feature 4G LTE connectivity. It is compatible with TD-LTE and FDD-LTE bands, which are being used in India. It has a microSD card slot and a 1,839 mAh battery for longer battery life. Except from the lack of LED flash and a front-facing camera, the device looks pretty good, especially with a price tag of Rs. 8,299.
With the Lumia range we have always focussed on delivering new experiences and features to our consumers at affordable price points. Now, we are introducing Lumia 638 which is the most affordable 4G smartphone on Windows Phone 8.1. It builds on the success of the Lumia range in the fast growing affordable smartphone segment and aims to address the consumers’ demand for a device that lets them enjoy uninterrupted video content. We are confident of the success of the Lumia 638 as a comprehensive package and are certain that the device will help us consolidate our position in the affordable smartphones segment further.
– Raghuvesh Sarup, Director of Marketing at Nokia India Sales Pvt. Ltd.
The Nokia Lumia 638 will be available in Black and White colours and will be available on Amazon for pre-booking starting December 17. Until 31st March 2015, Airtel is offering 5GB of free 4G data for 2 months to all Nokia Lumia 638 users with Airtel’s postpaid connection in Bengaluru.