In its endeavor to welcome Nations most extravagant cricketing bonanza the IPL-3, India’s first 3G GSM Mobile service operator Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) announced the launch of “DLF IPL matches LIVE on Dolphin and Trump Mobile Phones with its Mobile TV services for both 2G GPRS and 3G subscribers in Mumbai telecom circle.
By using this service, MTNL Mobile subscribers will be able to view LIVE DLF IPL-3 matches on their Mobile Phone just at Rs.10 per day, Rs.50 for one week and Rs.150 without any hidden data charges for IPL season-3.
MTNL brings the DLF IPL on Mobile in a very simple, affordable and easy way. It is required only for just Downloading the Mobile TV application through PC or Mobile Phone. There is no other is setting is required in the handset to watch the Live Match.
MTNL Mumbai has already launched LIVE TV wherein customers are able to access 40 channels. For these existing customers, their client shall automatically get updated and they will see an icon of DLF IPL on their Main menu. All the MTNL Mobile customers having GPRS and 3G compatible handsets shall be able to view these LIVE matches.
How to download and Install MTNL Mobile TV application:
Visit http://126.96.36.199:8080/OTA/mobiletv.sisx and download Mobile TV client on Laptop/PC and then transfer to mobile using Bluetooth or data cable.
From MTNL Dolphin/Trump Mobile Phone:-
- Customers can send SMS “MOBILETV” to 53388 and a link will be sent. The customer can click on the link and download the application. OR
- Visit from mobile: http://188.8.131.52:8080/OTA/DownloadMTNLMUMBAITV
- These links will also be available in MTNL GPRS-WAP Portal http://wap.mtnlmumbai.in.
The application will be downloaded in his/her phone memory or memory card. MTNL MobileTV? folder will be installed in the main menu or any other place depending on the handset model.
Selecting the Bandwidth -:
There is option of selecting bandwidth in the application. If the customer is in 2G area he should select 2G in application. Similarly if he is in 3G area he has to select 3G in application.
In 2G mode the TV will play in “store and play? mode. In 3G mode the TV will play continuously.
How to subscribe for the service-:
- After Downloading the Application, when customer opens MTNL folder from the Main menu, he/she can view the channel list. On clicking on Any channel, packages will be shown to the customer.
- On clicking on the DLF IPL icon, customer can subscribe for per day, per week or full season as their own choice.
- After registration is successful, a confirmation SMS will be sent.
- DLF IPL-3 matches LIVE on his handset can be viewed.
How to use the Service-:
- Open the application, select the DLF IPL icon and click on it.
- After buffering for a few seconds the channel will start playing.
- To display in full screen mode in some handsets like Nokia press the center button.