Motorola Officially Teases the Shatterproof Display Powered Moto Z2 Force Launch on July 25

Motorola has already sent out press invites for an event on July 25. However, that was just a ‘save the date’ invite, and now Motorola is sending the actual media invites for the said event. And the invite comes with a tagline “get ready to shatter your expectations,” and two smartphones with broken displays are placed on either side of the invite, clearly indicating the launch of Moto Z2 Force.

hello-moto-world-invite

Motorola last year launched the Moto Z Force with a shatterproof display. Shatterproof displays are unbreakable, unlike the normal ones seen on current generation smartphones. The first smartphone to make use of the shatterproof display technology was the Moto X Force and the second one is the Moto Z Force, and now, the third smartphone would be the Moto Z2 Force.

Alongside the Moto Z2 Force, the company may also unveil the standard Moto Z2, which doesn’t feature a shatterproof display. Before the launch itself, complete specifications of both the phone have emerged online. Both the smartphones will feature a 5.5-inch Quad HD display and support Moto Mods.

Motorola will power the smartphones with the top-of-the-line Snapdragon 835 chipset. And a recent AnTuTu benchmark listing revealed that the Moto Z2 Force would make use of a 6GB RAM module and come with 64GB of onboard storage. The standard Moto Z2 may have to settle with just 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.

Motorola-Moto-Z2-Force

Image: Evan Blass (Moto Z2 Force)

And yes, both the smartphones will feature dual camera setup at the back, and they’re supposedly 13MP snappers. Motorola will most likely use a wide-angle sensor, and the other one will be a 13MP RGB sensor. Frontal, there might be a powerful 16MP front-facing camera.

Alongside the Moto Z2 and Z2 Force, the company might launch the mid-range Moto X4 as well. The Moto X4 currently has two set of rumoured specifications. One says that the device will have a 5.2-inch display, Snapdragon 660 SoC, 4GB of RAM, dual camera setup, and a beefy 3800mAh battery. Other rumour says that the device will have a 5.5-inch Full HD display, Snapdragon 630 SoC, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a 3000mAh battery. So the second one maybe a Moto X4 mini.

Also, the Moto X4 is said to be Motorola’s first IP68 certified smartphone because the company relies on nano-coating to protect the device from water spills. There are two mid-range smartphones- the Moto G5s and G5s+ in the pipeline as well. As said earlier, Motorola is yet to reveal what they’re going to announce at the July 25 event.

Reported By

Leave a Reply

5 Comments on "Motorola Officially Teases the Shatterproof Display Powered Moto Z2 Force Launch on July 25"

 

Sort by:   newest | oldest

[…] has set a launch event on July 25, where the Lenovo subsidiary will unveil the shatterproof display powered Moto Z2 Force. Before the launch event, press renders of the device have leaked online revealing the design of […]

[…] just a few days away from the official unveiling of Motorola’s first flagship phones for 2017- the Moto Z2 and the Moto Z2 Force. The hardware specifications of both the devices have already leaked, thanks to various benchmark […]

TItan
July 13, 2017 1:26 pm 1:26 PM

Add battery to these super phones Moto z being a good phone lacked in battery. No one is going to buy overpriced Mods
ALso Price it accordingly below 40K

raj
July 13, 2017 7:43 pm 7:43 PM

battery is sufficient for a day long usage as the software is optimized and lag free PLUS its very slim. What moto needs is to give updates and price it accordingly like how it did in 2013

wpDiscuz