Mobile World Congress 2015 (MWC) is nearing and as usual, we have started receiving details about some of the upcoming smartphones, which could be launched during the world’s largest event about mobile devices. We’ve already heard some reports about the possible specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and the next-generation Asus Zenfones with 4G LTE. Now, a tweet from serial leaker @upleaks states that HTC’s next-generation flagship smartphone is codenamed internally as HTC Hima and might be announced during a special event after MWC 2015.
It will be powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC with Adreno 430 GPU, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, and will feature a 20.7-megapixel camera, most probably from Sony. It might feature either a 13-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to that of the HTC Desire Eye or a 4MP UltraPixel camera. The device might be called as the HTC One M9 and might feature 4G LTE connectivity and VoLTE calling facility. According to the tweet, the upcoming flagship smartphone from HTC might be equipped with a 2,840 mAh battery.
Expected HTC One M9 ‘Hima’ Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display with capacitive multitouch, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Gorilla Glass 3/4, and BoomSound speakers
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with HTC Sense 7 UI
- 2.0GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC, 64-bit, Adreno 430 GPU, and 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage and a microSD card slot
- 20.7MP primary camera, Sony Exmor RS, dual-tone LED flash, and 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera or a 4MP UltraPixel front-facing camera with 1080p video recording and HTC Eye Experience
- 4G LTE Cat. 6, VoLTE, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, A-GPS, and microUSB port
- 2,840 mAh battery
As per further reports, HTC might release the ‘Ultra’ and ‘Ace’ variants of the Hima; HTC One M9 Ultra and HTC One M9 Ace, which could be powered by a MediaTek chipset and will be targeted towards the Chinese market. HTC One M9 Ace could be a cheaper version of the HTC One M9 with a cheaper build and dual-SIM card slots, similar to that of the HTC One E8. Could it be called as the HTC One E9? Full details aren’t out yet. HTC could discontinue the One Mini line-up of mid-range Android smartphones.
Look this:P pic.twitter.com/13jIoUQprt
— @upleaks (@upleaks) December 6, 2014
Furthermore, HTC could announce non-smartphone devices such as a sports camera and a smartwatch/fitness tracker. According to @upleaks, HTC Re 2 is already in the works and HTC WWY, an alleged smartwatch, might also be announced in 2015. It appears to have a 1.8-inch display with a resolution of 32*160, IP57 certification for water-resistance, and a 100mAh battery might be announced in September 2015, though you should take these things with a pinch of salt as things could change in the course of time.