Microsoft has come to terms with the fact that if it is ever going to have a strong foothold in the smartphone arena, it will get it from value-for-money of budget devices. The technology giant has been constantly launching budget Lumia devices globally, and has now taken the wraps off the Microsoft Lumia 540. This budget smartphone will be slotted below the recently launched Lumia 640 and above the Lumia 535.
The Lumia 540 is priced at $150 and will most probably come to India in a sub-Rs. 10,000 price range. It has a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display and runs Windows 8.1 operating system with Lumia Denim update. There’s a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor, 1GB of RAM, and 8GB internal storage. Imaging is taken care of by an 8-megapixel camera at the rear and a 5-megapixel snapper up front.
Microsoft Lumia 540 Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 294 ppi
- Windows Phone 8.1 operating system with Lumia Denim update
- 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor and 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 128GB), and 30GB free Microsoft OneDrive storage
- 8-megapixel camera, autofocus, LED flash, 5-megapixel front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Micro-USB port, and headphone jack
- 2,220 mAh battery
- Colours: Black, White, Cyan and Orange
The device has already been listed on Microsoft’s India specific website as ‘Coming Soon’. The smartphone will also be eligible for an upgrade to Windows 10 in future.