It was only yesterday that we told you that Microsoft was getting ready to launch the Lumia 540 in the country and same has just been launched for Rs 10,199. The smartphone was announced back in April this year and was expected to launch here sooner or later. India happens to be one of the few markets where Windows Phone is decently popular in the budget segment. As a result Microsoft is busy strengthening its entry-level range in the country.
The Lumia 540 is meant to take charge of things from the Lumia 535 which continues being a popular device despite its low-end specs. The Lumia 540 has a 5-inch HD display up front and runs on a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor. The processor is further joined in by 1GB of RAM. These specs may appear to be old school but come together to perform just fine as a unit because of the fact that Windows smartphones don't really require a lot of resources to run properly.
Let us quickly recap as to what all the Lumia 540 has on offer:
Lumia 540 specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 294 ppi
- Windows Phone 8.1 operating system with Lumia Denim update
- 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor and 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 128GB), and 30GB free Microsoft OneDrive storage
- 8-megapixel camera, autofocus, LED flash, 5-megapixel front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Micro-USB port, and headphone jack
- 2,220 mAh battery
The smartphone will be available in black, orange, cyan and white colour choices. It will be available from May 18th in the country through offline as well as online retail shows.