As we reported yesterday, Microsoft has announced their first self-branded Windows Phone device; the Microsoft Lumia 535. It’s an entry-level Windows Phone 8.1 based smartphone with a 5-inch qHD display, 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, dual-SIM card slot, and a 1,905 mAh battery. It comes with dual 5-megapixel camera sensors, one on the front and one on the back. The rear-facing 5-megapixel camera comes with autofocus, LED flash, though both can record videos in FWVGA resolution.
Microsoft Lumia 535 Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, qHD (960 x 540 pixels) resolution, 220 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, High Brightness mode
- Windows Phone 8.1 operating system with Lumia Denim update
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200, Adreno 302 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, microSD card slot (compatible up to 128GB), and 15GB free OneDrive cloud storage
- 5-megapixel primary rear-facing camera, 1/4-inch sensor, F/2.4 aperture, LED flash, 28mm autofocus lens, and FWVGA video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary front-facing camera, F/2.4 aperture, LED flash, 24mm wide-angle lens, autofocus, and FWVGA video recording
- Dual-SIM (dual-standby), GSM+WCDMA, 42.2Mbps HSDPA, and 5.76Mbps HSUPA
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, DLNA, Lumia Beamer, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Orientation sensor, ambient-light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, and GLONASS A-GPS
- 1,905 mAh battery, 14-days standby (dual-SIM mode), 13-hour 3G talk-time, 11-hour 2G talk-time
- Dimensions: 140.2 mm x 72.4 mm x 8.8 mm, Weight: 146 g
- Box Package Contents: Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM, User Guide, Battery, Charger, and Headset
The device is expected to be priced around Rs. 8,000 in India. In some countries, single-SIM variants of the Lumia 535 could be released. The device, which can be seen as a successor to the Nokia Lumia 525, features a front-facing camera and an LED flash, something that was missing from the Lumia 525. Microsoft has took extra care with Lumia 535 to equip with a high-resolution 5-megapixel front-facing camera, taking it in line with other selfie-focussed competitors out there. Microsoft has also released a video commercial for the Lumia 535.
Microsoft has also made an official flip cover case for the Lumia 535 which can store credit card inside it. It comes in various colour options, matching the device, such as cyan, bright green, bright orange, white, dark grey, and black. Microsoft says that the device offers a “5x5x5” smartphone package bringing a 5-inch screen, 5-megapixel front- and rear-facing camera.
Microsoft is also offering 15GB of free OneDrive cloud storage which can be used to backup images, videos, messages, and other personal files.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.