As you would have noticed, we've been closely following the entry of the Chinese OEM, Meizu in India from quite a while now. Meizu has just announced that its first offering for India, the M1 Note will be going on sale in India at 2pm May 20th through the e-commerce portal Amazon.
It is quite surprising that the OEM hasn't announced a price yet for the smartphone. The M1 Note will be available through open sales in the country. Meizu has done a pretty smart thing by not making the device go on sale through the flash sale model as it tends to keep away a lot of users who want to buy the device but aren't able to.
Let us take a look at what M1 Note offers:
Meizu M1 Note specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 4.4 KitKat based Flyme OS 4
- 64-bit MediaTek MT6752 SoC, 1.7GHz octa-core CPU, 600MHz Mali-T760 MP2 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture; 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture, 69-degree wide angle
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM
- 3,140 mAh battery
The Meizu M1 Note will probably be made available in white and blue colours at a competitive pricing when it goes on sale. Expect it to cost around Rs 10,000-12,000.