As expected, Lenovo has launched its Vibe K5 Plus smartphone in India. The device was first announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016, last month. It will be available in Platinum Silver, Champagne Gold, and Graphite Gray color options, for a price of Rs. 8,499. The device will be exclusive to Flipkart, and will go on open sale from March 23. As an inaugural offer in the first sale, Lenovo will also be providing an exclusive exchange and upgrade for Lenovo A6000 and A6000 Plus users.
The Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus comes with a 5-inch 1080p display, and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 chipset with 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU paired with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 405 GPU. The phone runs Android 5.1 Lollipop. In the photography department, it features a 13-megapixel primary camera with LED flash along with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It also supports TheaterMax technology, which was first introduced in the K4 Note, it gives an engaging VR experience when paired with the ANT VR headset.
Commenting on the launch, Sudhin Mathur, Director- Smartphones, Lenovo India said,”Lenovo has always strived to push the boundaries of innovation and bring the best technology through its devices to every category of consumers. With the K5 Plus, we want consumers to ‘Knock out’ their existing smartphones and upgrade to a better performing phone,”
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus Specifications
- Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system
- 5.0-inch IPS LCD display, 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, 441 ppi
- 13MP primary camera with LED flash and 5MP secondary camera
- Dolby ATMOS Audio and two-speaker setup
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor with 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE Cat. 4/3G HSPA+, and FM Radio
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.1, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Measures 142 x 71 x 8 mm and Weighs 142 grams
- 2750mAh battery