The sub-Rs. 10,000 smartphone segment in the country seems to be the one every OEM wants to grab a share of. The same has resulted in quite a few value-for-money devices getting launched in the country. The latest device to get launched in this segment is the Lenovo A7000. The smartphone has been launched with a price tag of Rs 8,999 and it locks horns directly with the YU YUREKA. The smartphone will follow the popular flash sales model and will be available exclusively on flipkart.
The registrations for the first flash sale to be held on 15th April, 2015 at 2pm will commence today at 6pm and will end on 14th April, 2015 midnight. The device broke cover back at the MWC 2015 earlier this year. The Lenovo A7000 comes with a 5.5-inch display with a 64-bit octa-core Mediatek SoC doing duty inside it. One of the highlights of the package is its DOLBY ATMOS surround sound which enhances the audio experience when using headphones and comes across as quite a useful feature for a budget device.
Lenovo A7000 specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 294 ppi
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6752M processor, Mali-T760 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 8GB of internal memory and a microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and a 5-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual micro SIM connectivity
- 2,900 mAh battery
- Colours: Onyx Black and Pearl White
The fight between Lenovo A7000, Yu Yureka and Redmi Note 4G will be quite interesting as the latter is available in offline stores too. Let us see how it performs.