Lenovo, the technology giant has been doing pretty well in India off late when it has come to the sale of budget smartphones. The A6000 has been quite the performer in the sub Rs 7,000 segment and has been bringing in quite a lot of volumes for the company. The device disappeared from Flipkart’s virtual shelves recently without any explanation. Well, we have an answer to why it went off sale.
Lenovo had been readying up an upgraded version of the smartphone for the past few weeks and has just announced the A6000 Plus for India. It hasn’t announced its pricing as of now but has stated that the device will be launching soon in the country. It has specifications similar to the A6000 but its RAM has been bumped to 2GB from 1GB with the internal storage capacity seeing an increase from 8GB to 16GB. Rest of its specifications remain bog similar to the A6000. The upgraded version even looks the same as its predecessor.
Lenovo A6000 specifications
- 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat with VIBE 2.0 UI on top of it
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, 400 MHz Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB of internal memory which is expandable by 32GB with the help of a microSD card
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM for connectivity
- 2300mAh battery
- Black, White, Red and Yellow colour options
The launch announcement comes as pro-active measure from Lenovo before YU launches the YUPHORIA smartphone in the country as it is expected to pack in the same SoC and 2GB of RAM. Expect the device to be priced aggressively in the Indian market.