Lava has unveiled its first Windows Phone based smartphone, the Iris Win1. The smartphone will be exclusively available via Flipkart from December 4, at a price tag of Rs 4,999.
The Lava Iris Win1 comes with a 4-inch WVGA TN (Twisted Nematic) display. It is powered by a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. It has 8GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 32GB, which is almost twice of what its rival Celkon Win 400 is offering. The Iris Win 1 sports a 5MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash and a VGA front camera. It has dual-SIM card slots and connectivity features such as 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and A-GPS. The device competes with the Nokia Lumia 535 and the Celkon Win 400.
At the launch, Navin Chawla, Vice President and Head-Product, Lava International Limited said, “At Lava we always endeavor to provide our consumers with best possible choices in terms of design, features, apps, services and now platforms as well. We are pleased to add Iris Win1 – Windows powered device in our smartphone portfolio for consumers who are looking for Windows platform.”
Lava Iris Win1 Specifications
- 4-inch TN display, WVGA resolution (800 x 480 pixels), and capacitive multitouch
- Windows Phone 8.1 operating system
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad-core, Adreno 302 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- 5MP rear camera, autofocus, LED flash, and VGA front camera
- dual SIM, (3G + 2G), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS with A-GPS
- 1,950mAh battery
The Lava Iris Win1 will be available for purchase from December 4. It comes with a complimentary flip cover and screen guard along with other standard accessories. What are your views on Lava’s move towards Windows Phone 8.1? Let us know through your precious comments.