In a report published by the Times of India, a Gurgaon-based restaurant owner, Kishan Yadav, has claimed that his iPhone 6 (a brand new one) caught fire while he was speaking to his friend. The device was bought by him last week and now he has filed a police complaint against Apple for proper redressal of the damage caused.
Thanks to hands-free mode, the user escaped the unfortunate incident and was not subjected to any injury. So, it all happened when Yadav was speaking to his friend through car Bluetooth mode and suddenly he noticed sparks coming out of his phone. In order to avoid the danger, he threw out the phone out of the car’s window only to see it bursting into flames thereafter.
Following the incident, Yadav went to the Apple’s service centre right away and reported the event. However, the staff at the centre refused to record his complaint and asked him to submit the damaged unit for further checking.
In a conversation with TOI, Yadav said, “My face could have got burned as the phone exploded in a matter of seconds. When I threw the phone, the call was on and the battery was around 70 percent,” he said.
This is not the first time when such report has come up about Apple smartphones bursting into flames, there have been many such incidents worldwide claiming the safety concerns attached with Apple devices. Yadav was lucky to have come out of the incident without suffering any physical damage, in some cases users were subjected to third-degree burns.