Huawei has introduced an enhanced version of the Honor 7 smartphone, which was launched in India in October. The new version features smart key to enable quick shortcuts. It is also equipped with voice commands functionality to enable easy access when on navigation. Interestingly, Huawei has collaborated with Baidu and is planning to launch Siri-like features in its smartphones, which will be made possible via Smart Key.
The improved version of the Honor 7 runs on EMUI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Huawei also revealed that the preview release of EMUI 4.0 for other Honor 7 smartphones will be available via forums in China. The company has also spiked up the storage capacity, this version features 16GB and 32GB internal storage options. The new version also features fast charging capabilities and is clubbed with 9V-2A charger. Rest of the specifications of the device are identical to the Honor 7. The Huawei Honor 7 enhanced version will be available in Gold color, and has been priced at 1,999 Yuan ( around Rs. 20,784 / US$ 309).
Huawei Honor 7 enhanced version specifications
- 5.2-inch IPS-Neo LCD display, 1,080 x 1,920 pixel (424 ppi), Protective Glass
- 64-bit octa-core Kirin 935 SoC; 2.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 + 1.5 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53; Mali-T628 MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB and 32GB internal storage variants expandable via microSD card
- EMUI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 20MP primary camera (Sony IMX230), autofocus, dual-tone dual-LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, LED flash, and HD video recording
- 4G LTE, 3G, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Bluetooth v4.1, and NFC
- 3,100 mAh battery with fast charging; 143.2 x 71.9 x 8.5 mm; 157 grams