Soon after launching its flagship smartphone, the Honor 7 in China, Huawei has now brought the device to India. Today, at an event held in New Delhi, Huawei has unveiled the Honor 7 for the Indian market. The smartphone has been priced at Rs. 22,999 for the 16GB variant, and it will be available exclusively through Flipkart starting the midnight of October 15. The device will be available in three colours; Gold, Grey, and Silver, and the company is offering a lot of offers for the buyers to make the deal even sweeter, but more details on them later.
The Huawei Honor 7 runs Android 5.0 Lollipop-based EMUI 3.1 interface, and is crafted in an Aluminium-Alloy unibody design. It has a 5.2-inch IPS-Neo LCD display with a resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixel (424 ppi), and is powered by Huawei’s in-house 64-bit octa-core Kirin 935 (four Cortex-A53 cores at 2.2GHz + four Cortex-A53 at 1.5GHz) chipset paired with 3GB of RAM and 16/32/64GB of internal storage space. There’s a microSD card slot as well, which can be expanded by upto an addition 128GB of storage space.
In the imaging department, the phone features a 20-megapixel primary camera (Sony IMX230 sensor), which the company touts that focusses in just 0.1 seconds. The primary camera is aided by a dual-tone dual-LED flash, and can record 1080p videos. There is an 8-megapixel wide-angle front-facing camera onboard along with a front-facing single-LED flash for better selfies in low-light conditions. Just like the Huawei Ascend Mate 7, this one too comes with a fingerprint sensor on the rear, which allows device unlocking with a single tap. The phone supports 4G LTE connectivity along with HSPA+ , Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.1, and NFC. The Honor 7 is backed by a 3,100 mAh battery, which is equipped with fast charging technology that can fuel up the battery from zero to full under 1 hour and 25 minutes.
Huawei Honor 7 specifications
- 5.2-inch IPS-Neo LCD display, 1,080 x 1,920 pixel (424 ppi), Protective Glass
- 64-bit octa-core Kirin 935 SoC; 2.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 + 1.5 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53; Mali-T628 MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GGB internal storage, MicroSD card slot (upto 128GB)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop-based EMUI 3.1
- 20MP primary camera (Sony IMX230), autofocus, dual-tone dual-LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, LED flash, and HD video recording
- 4G LTE, 3G, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Bluetooth v4.1, and NFC
- 3,100 mAh battery; 143.2 x 71.9 x 8.5 mm; 157 g
As opposed to other smartphone brands, Huawei is offering warranty for 15 months from purchase, and a free screen replacement within 1 month of purchase. Dubbed Honor Care, the company’s after-sales program has services centres in 100+ locations in 75 cities with pick-up and drop facility in some locations. Huawei is also offering “App Gifts” worth Rs. 14,000, where it is also offering Rs. 5,500 worth cashback through wallets.