After unveiling the premium mid-range smartphone, the HTC One A9, the Taiwan-based smartphone manufacturer has announced yet another smartphone. The HTC One X9, which was unveiled in China yesterday, comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p display, an octa-core processor with MediaTek, a 13-megapixel primary camera with OIS, and a 3,000 mAh battery.
HTC One X9 Specifications
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1,080 x 1,920 pixels (401 ppi), 170-degree viewing angle
- 13-megapixel primary camera (BSI sensor), dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, 4K video recording
- 4-megapixel UltraPixel front-facing camera, ƒ/2.0 aperture, 24.7 mm wide-angle lens, and 1080p video recording
- MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) with 2.2GHz octa-core 64-bit CPU and PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (2TB)
- Dual BoomSound speakers with Dolby audio
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE/3G HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), microUSB v2.0 port
- 3,000 mAh battery; 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.99 mm; 173 grams
The HTC One X9 is a metal-clad smartphone, just like other high-end smartphones from the company, and utilises a design that we saw in the One A9. However, you can also notice design cues from the HTC Desire series of smartphones with 2013 and 2014. It features a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS LCD display and front-facing dual stereo loudspeakers with HTC BoomSound and Dolby Audio.
There’s 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot that can intake cards of upto 2TB. For imaging, there’s a 13-megapixel camera with OIS, dual-tone LED flash, and an ability to record 4K videos. There’s a 4-megapixel UltraPixel wide-angle camera with ƒ/2.0 aperture and 1080p video recording.
In terms of processing hardware, the One X9 is equipped with a MediaTek MT6795T processor with 64-bit octa-core CPU and PowerVR G6200 GPU. The One X9 comes with a dual-SIM card slot and can connect to 4G and 3G networks. Other connectivity features include dual-band gigabit Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, and microUSB v2.0 port.
It isn’t clear whether it is running Android 5.1 Lollipop or Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The HTC One X9 will be available in two colours; Gunmetal Grey and Silver. It will be available in China soon with a price tag of CNY 2,399 (~ Rs. 24,477). The company hasn’t announced its plan to launch the HTC One X9 in other markets around the world, but it is expected that it could reach India in Q3, 2016.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.