HTC has launched a new mid-range smartphone in India today. The HTC Desire 828 is an addition to the Taiwanese smartphone brand's Desire lineup of mid-range smartphones, and is priced at Rs. 19,990. The device will be available exclusively through Flipkart from December 14, 2015 (12am) onwards, and will be available in two colours; Dark Grey and White Pearl.
HTC Desire 828 Specifications
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system with HTC Sense 6.0
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1,080 1,920 pixels (401 ppi), and capacitive multitouch screen
- 13-megapixel primary camera (BSI sensor), autofocus, OIS, and 1080p video recording
- 4-megapixel UltraPixel camera (ƒ/2.0 aperture and 26.8 mm wide-angle lens) and 1080p video recording
- MediaTek 6753T processor, 1.5 GHz 64-bit octa-core CPU, and ARM Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and microSDXC card slot (upto 2TB)
- Dual front-facing speakers with HTC BoomSound, Dolby Audio, FM radio, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE Cat.4, 3G HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS (with A-GPS & GLONASS)
- 2,800 mAh battery; 157.7×78.9×7.9mm; 148g
The device comes improvements when compared to the HTC Desire 820 and the HTC Desire 826. It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop, and features a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with Full HD resolution, a 13-megapixel primary camera with OIS, a 4-megapixel UltraPixel front-facing camera, dual front-facing stereo speakers with HTC BoomSound, and a 2,800 mAh battery.
In terms of processing guts, the device uses a MediaTek 6753T processor with an octa-core CPU and Mali-T760 GPU. There's 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot that can support memory cards of upto 2TB of storage space. The device is fairly equipped with connectivity options including dual-SIM card slot with 4G LTE connectivity, dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, and Bluetooth v4.1.
It competes with the likes of the OnePlus One, the LG Nexus 5X (now priced as low as Rs. 23,499 in India), the Motorola Moto X Play, and the 64GB variant of the Xiaomi Mi 4. Earlier this week, the company had also launched the premium mid-range smartphone, the HTC One A9 in India for Rs. 29,990. It comes with a 13-megapixel OIS camera, but also comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.