HTC has launched a new mid-range smartphone in India today. The HTC Desire 828 is an addition to the Taiwanese smartphone brand’s Desire lineup of mid-range smartphones, and is priced at Rs. 19,990. The device will be available exclusively through Flipkart from December 14, 2015 (12am) onwards, and will be available in two colours; Dark Grey and White Pearl.
HTC Desire 828 Specifications
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system with HTC Sense 6.0
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1,080 1,920 pixels (401 ppi), and capacitive multitouch screen
- 13-megapixel primary camera (BSI sensor), autofocus, OIS, and 1080p video recording
- 4-megapixel UltraPixel camera (ƒ/2.0 aperture and 26.8 mm wide-angle lens) and 1080p video recording
- MediaTek 6753T processor, 1.5 GHz 64-bit octa-core CPU, and ARM Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and microSDXC card slot (upto 2TB)
- Dual front-facing speakers with HTC BoomSound, Dolby Audio, FM radio, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE Cat.4, 3G HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS (with A-GPS & GLONASS)
- 2,800 mAh battery; 157.7×78.9×7.9mm; 148g
The device comes improvements when compared to the HTC Desire 820 and the HTC Desire 826. It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop, and features a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with Full HD resolution, a 13-megapixel primary camera with OIS, a 4-megapixel UltraPixel front-facing camera, dual front-facing stereo speakers with HTC BoomSound, and a 2,800 mAh battery.
In terms of processing guts, the device uses a MediaTek 6753T processor with an octa-core CPU and Mali-T760 GPU. There’s 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot that can support memory cards of upto 2TB of storage space. The device is fairly equipped with connectivity options including dual-SIM card slot with 4G LTE connectivity, dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, and Bluetooth v4.1.
It competes with the likes of the OnePlus One, the LG Nexus 5X (now priced as low as Rs. 23,499 in India), the Motorola Moto X Play, and the 64GB variant of the Xiaomi Mi 4. Earlier this week, the company had also launched the premium mid-range smartphone, the HTC One A9 in India for Rs. 29,990. It comes with a 13-megapixel OIS camera, but also comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.