HTC, the Taiwnese giant which has been going all guns blazing in the smartphone arena has just got itself another feather in the cap. It has just won the won the awards with monikers “Best of Show” smartphone by Android Authority for the Desire 820 and “Best of IFA 2014” by Android Central. The smartphone is the latest addition to the premium mid range lineup of the company and has its highlight as a 64-bit Snapdragon chipset.
The HTC Desire 820 comes loaded with quite a lot of functionalities which actually make it a pretty formidable mid ranger. Let us take a look at the specifications of the device which will take charge from the Desire 816 as the mid-range flagship:
- 5.5 inch 720p display with a pixel density of 267 ppi
- 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and a quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU
- 2GB RAM
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6 UI on top of it (Upgradable to Android L)
- 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded by 128GB
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash and an 8MP front camera
- 4G LTE Cat. 4, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- HTC BoomSound and dual front speakers
- 2,600 mAh battery
It global roll out will begin soon and can be expected to reach us as well for a price tag between Rs 22,000-27,000.