Epic Games CEO, Tim Sweeney took to the stage during the Galaxy Unpacked event in New York yesterday to announce that the company has finally launched the Fortnite Android Beta. The executive revealed that Samsung Galaxy devices would be the first ones to get an invite for Fortnite Android Beta followed by other devices. However, the game will only be limited to high-end phones given the hefty resource requirements. Some of the other devices which will get the invite include the OnePlus 6, Google Pixel 2, Asus ROG Phone, Nokia 8, and the Razer Phone. The package for Fortnite Android Beta will come in a downloadable size of 1.88GB. Initially, Galaxy S7, S8, Note 8, Note 9 and Tab S4 users will get the access to the invite.
How to Sign up for Fortnite Android Beta Invite
1. Head to the official Fortnite Website and complete the sign up by following the entire process for Fortnite Android Beta invite event.
2. An email with the invite link will be sent to your inbox from where the download would be possible.
3. Invites will get access to Fortnite Battle Royale along with instructions on how to download the game and play.
How to Download Fortnite Mobile for Android
Unlike other games, Fortnite won’t be available for download on the Google Play store. Users who want to play the game will have to download the Fortnite Installer to get the game onboard their phone. Before you proceed with the installation, here are the things you should do beforehand.
1. Head over to Settings on your phone.
2. Now go to Security section (also labelled as Privacy on some devices).
3. Navigate to the Unknown sources option.
4. Now check the Allow for the installation of apps from unknown sources option to enable the phone to install third-party games and apps.
5. Download the Fortnite installer package from the official website.
6. Head over to the Downloads folder in your device and locate the installer and tap on it to install.
Fortnite Android Beta Eligible Devices
The Fortnite Android Beta will only be able to run on the following phones – Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge, S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4. Google Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL. Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V. Essential PH-1. Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10/Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10. LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+. Nokia: 8. OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6. Razer: Phone. Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2. ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s and Nubia Z11.
Chakri is a go-to guy for your next smartphone recommendation. Back in his engineering days, he used to play with smartphones by installing custom ROMs and that passion got him into the tech industry. He still goes nuts about a smartphone knocking his door for review. Currently managing everything at Telecom Talk, Chakri is trying to master PUBG Mobile in his free time.