Asus ZenFestival is going on right now in New Delhi, and the company has unveiled three new smartphones at the event, including the Zenfone 2 Laser. The device will be available in three variants, at varying prices of Rs. 9,999, Rs 13,999 and Rs 17,999.
The Zenfone 2 Laser is a photography focused device, as it sports a 13-megapixel rear camera coupled with laser autofocus. The laser-autofocus feature is not all that new for us, as the feature was also present on the LG G3. Asus touts that the laser autofocus feature is equipped with focusing on the image subject in just half a second.
In terms of specifications, the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser comes with a 5.5-inch HD display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. The device has a bigger 6-inch display variant (ZE601KL) as well. It is powered by a 64-bit Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor coupled with 2GB/3GB of RAM and 8GB/16GB microSD expandable internal storage, depending on the variant one goes for. There is a 5-megapixel front camera on-board, 2,070mAh battery for the 8GB variant and 3,000mAh battery for the 16GB variant. On the connectivity front, the device supports dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with ZenUI on top.
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser specifications
- 5.5-inch/6-inch HD display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels
- 64-bit Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor coupled with 2GB/3GB of RAM
- 8GB/16GB expandable internal storage via microSD card
- 13MP rear camera with laser autofocus and 5MP front camera
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS
- 2,070mAh battery for 8GB variant, 3,000mAh battery for 16GB variant