Asus has got quite a positive response for the Zenfone 2 and the device has already been sold-out in its pre-order phase. The smartphone has been in the news for its value-for-money devices. The 64GB variant just got listed on Flipkart for Rs 22,999 (as out of stock), but what has caught our attention is the fact that the 128GB variant of the same has been listed too.
Asus hasn’t announced the 128GB officially for India so that’s an announcement we can assume to come soon enough. The new variant has got itself a price tag of Rs 29,999, but has been listed as out of stock for the time being. It shares all its specifications with the 64GB variant and there’s pretty much nothing that separates the two of them barring the internal storage capacity.
The device is available only in Silver colour and the same holds true for a majority of other variants too. We hope Asus brings in more colour options once the device starts shipping and the demand for it stabilises.
In the meanwhile, Asus has also started rolling out a Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) update for the Zenfone 2, which brings in 100GB of Google Drive storage, Smart Cover support, new Themes app, the bug fix for the volume key while using the camera and better Wi-Fi compatibility.
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML specifications
- 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with new Zen UI on top
- Intel Atom 3580 SoC, 2.3GHz quad-core CPU, 4GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front camera
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSUPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0
- Measures 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.9 mm and Weighs 170 grams
- 3,000 mAh battery