Asus has today announced a list of ZenFone devices that are getting VoLTE support in India through an over-the-air (OTA) update. The list includes ZenFone devices such as Asus Zenfone 3, ZenFone Go and others. Other than the devices mentioned in the list, Asus will be adding more devices that will receive the update soon.
Here are the Asus ZenFone devices that are getting the OTA update for VoLTE support:
- Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe 5.7-inch (ZS570KL)
- Asus Zenfone 3 5.2-inch (ZE520KL)
- Asus Zenfone 3 5.5-inch (ZE552KL)
- Asus Zenfone 3 Laser (ZC551KL)
- Asus Zenfone 3 Max 5.2 (ZC520TL)
- Asus Zenfone 3 Max 5.5-inch (ZC553KL)
- Asus Zenfone 3S Max 5.2-inch (ZC521TL)
- Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL ((2GB/16GB) / (2GB/32GB) / (3GB/32GB)
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE550KL (2GB/16GB) (3GB/16GB))
- Asus Zenfone Go 5.0 LTE (ZB500KL (2GB/16GB))
If you have any ZenFone device that is mentioned in the list above, just go to the Settings > About Phone > Check for updates. The update roll-out is done in a phase-wise manner so if your device has not got it yet; then you have to wait for a day or two.
Also, Asus has revealed that it will soon be rolling out the VoLTE update for the ZenFone 3 Ultra (ZU680KL) and ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL) smartphones. VoLTE support is required for smartphones to make voice calls on Jio network.
If the phone lacks VoLTE then you can't make voice calls on Jio network directly, you will have to use Jio voice-calling app for making voice calls. With inbuilt VoLTE support, your phone can make voice calls from the default dial pad. With the new update for ZenFone devices, Jio 4G now has a wider array of smartphones that support VoLTE connectivity.
Check your ZenFone and let us know if you have received the VoLTE OTA update. If yes, then let us how it works on your ZenFone, head to the comment section below and share your experience.