ZTE has announced the Star 2, which is the second addition to the Star series of smartphones, the first one being the Star 1 that was launched in China earlier this year. The Star 2 comes with a 5-inch full HD display and is powered by Snapdragon 801 processor with MiFavor 3.0 UI on top and Android 4.4 KitKat. It sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera. The phone is 6.9mm thick and is embodied in aircraft-grade aluminum alloy frame, along with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and speakers with Dolby sound output.
The ZTE Star 2 comes with a system-level voice and speech recognition feature, which is functional even if the device is offline in a no network condition. The smartphone will be available in Black and White colors, priced at 2499 Chinese Yuan (approx. $ 400 / Rs. 25,300). However, ZTE has not issued any set timeline for the smartphone’s global roll out yet.
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 1080p OGS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage which can be further expanded via microSD card.
- Android 4.4 KitKat with MiFavor 3.0 UI on top
- 13MP auto focus camera with dual LED Flash,f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 88 degree wide angle lens
- 140.5 × 69.2 × 6.9
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2300mAh battery
ZTE said,”Our phone has a rapid response rate of just 1.2 seconds, with a 90% success rate even in noisy conditions, says the company. This lets you unlock the device with own unique voice tone, make phone calls, open third-party apps, play music, take photos and much more. Other features include, real-time voice-to-text input and play music using voice commands. ZTE Star 2 is supported by more than 1000 patents, of which 158 are related to voice control.”said the company.