YU, has announced that it will make 15,000 units of YUREKA, its first smartphone, available for its 2nd round of sale, that’s slated for today,22nd January 2015 through its exclusive partner Amazon.
Micromax YU Yureka Specifications
- 5.5-inch display, 1280 x 720 pixels, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat based Cyanogen OS 11s, Monthly software updates
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 13-megapixel primary camera (Sony Exmor R) with a LED flash, F/2.2 aperture, 1080p @ 30 FPS, and 720p @ 60 FPS
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, OmniVision 5648 sensor with 71-degree wide viewing angle lens
- 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE (Cat. 4 150Mbps) + 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS with A-GPS
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 24-bit high-resolution audio, and bass boost
- 2,500 mAh battery, 154.8 x 78 x 8.8 mm
In the second round of YUREKA sale today, the consumers who have registered to buy YUREKA before 13th January, will remain pre-registered and can take part in the sale just the same as last time. YU will also inform its prospective buyers about the new development via its social channels and the existing developer specific forum ‘forums.yuplaygod.com’.
The Yu Yureka, which was officially announced last month, is a part of Micromax’s strategy to sell smartphones exclusively online at dirt cheap prices. YUREKA is also the first device from YU to be launched with Cyanogen OS and get exclusive OTA firmware updates and support in India and is available on Amazon.in through a flash sale model for Rs. 8,999.