Micromax-backed YU Televentures is in the process of hyping up its upcoming high-end smartphone, the YU Yutopia. The company has been teasing some of its specifications from the past few days. Today, it revealed that the Yutopia will feature a metal body, similar to that of the Samsung Galaxy S6, the Apple iPhone 6s, and the Huawei Nexus 6P.
YU Yutopia (YU5050) Specifications
- 5.2-inch IPS LCD display, 1440 x 2560 pixels, 565 ppi
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop-based Cyanogen OS 12.1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, 64-bit octa-core CPU, Adreno 430 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage
- 21MP rear-facing camera, autofocus, LED flash, 4K video recording and 8MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS (with A-GPS), and microUSB port
The YU Yutopia is expected to run Android 5.1.1 Lollipop-based Cyanogen OS 12.1, and feature a 5.2-inch display with a resolution of 1,440 x 2,560 pixels, a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, 4G LTE connectivity, a 21-megapixel primary camera with 4K video recording, and an 8-megapixel secondary camera.
If these specifications turn out to be true, the device will compete with the likes of the OnePlus 2, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the Motorola Moto X Style, and the Sony Xperia Z5. The company is expected to officially announce the YU Yutopia in the next few weeks. We will report all the details about the device when the company releases more information about the Yutopia.