Micromax’s online-only brand Yu recently unveiled the Yureka Plus for Rs 9,999 to take on the Lenovo K3 Note and has now dropped the price of the smartphone to Rs 8,999. With the reduced pricing coming into effect, the device comes across a better value for money package. Sensing the fact that it is a recently launched device and the current owners may voice their dissatisfaction , Yu has stated that the ones who already own the device will be getting a Rs 1,000 gift voucher from Amazon.
The Yureka Plus is an upgraded version of the Yureka and gets a better display, camera module and is tougher than its predecessor. There’s no information about Yureka’s future but we believe that the device probably won’t come back on sale. Even if it does, expect it to retail in the Rs 7,000-8,000 price bracket. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
u Yureka Plus specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop-based Cyanogen 12 OS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC, octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU (4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.0 GHz Cortex A53), Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- 13-megapixel primary camera (Sony IMX214), LED flash, F/2.2 aperture, 5P Largan Blue lens, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, OmniVision 5648 sensor, 71-degree wide viewing angle lens
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE (Cat. 4 150Mbps), 3G HSPA, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, microUSB port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 2,500 mAh battery, Quick Charge 1.0
The Yureka Plus with the revised pricing puts forth a really strong case in its favour and registrations for its sale on August 6 have already commenced.