Xolo has established itself pretty well in the country as a manufacturer of budget smartphones with relatively premium design and build quality. Now in a bid to counter the likes of Unite 2, Iris X1 and Moto E, it has launched the Q600s for Rs 7,499 and to enhance its presence and sales in the sub Rs 15,000-segment which have been dented by the launch of Moto G, it has launched the Q1200 for Rs 14,999.
Xolo Q600s (Rs 7,499)
- 4.5 inch capacitive display with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels
- 1.2 GHz quad core processor from Broadcom
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage capacity which is expandable by 64GB with the help of a microSD card
- 5MP rear camera with a LED Flash and a VGA front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS for connectivity
- 2000 mAh battery rated to provide a talk time of up to 11 hours on 2G networks
- Rs 7,499
It comes across as quite a good Moto E rival and seeing the fact that segment is crowding up quite fast, it will be interesting to see how it will perform against the Moto E with it being out of stock.
Xolo Q1200 (Rs 14,999)
- 5 inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top of it
- 1.3 GHz quad core processor from the stable of Mediatek
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean which is upgradable to Android 4.4 KitKat
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal storage which is expandable by another 32GB
- 8MP rear camera which comes with an inbuilt Sony Exmor R sensor and a dual LED flash and a 2MP front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and USB OTG which is an added functionality
- Software functionalities such as Dual Window and Float Task which allow you to run two apps simultaneously and Voice command functionality
- 2000 mAh battery
- Rs 14,999
Both the devices that Xolo has launched are targeting latest Motorola smartphones, the Moto E and Moto G respectively. Finally, Xolo has launched even entry-level smartphone with Android 4.4 KitKat. Let us see how well these smartphones sell compared to the likes of Moto E and Moto G.