Xolo, the premium division of Lava mobiles has just launched its first ever device with a fingerprint sensor on board. The Xolo Q2100 features a fingerprint sensor and has been launched for Rs 13,499 in India. The fingerprint sensor is located at the back of the device and supports encoding for up to 3 fingers.
The device comes with LastPass application which is protected by a fingerprint sensor and saves all the passwords of the use in one place. The smartphone gets loaded with an infrared port which helps users in controlling devices such as TV and AC with the help of Peel Smart Remote application.
Xolo Q2100 Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT65882 processor, 500MHz Mali 400-MP2 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8-megapixel rear camera (Sony Exmor R sensor), dual LED flash, and a 2-megapixel front camera
- 8GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot
- Dual-SIM, 3G (HSPA+), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, and microUSB v2.0 port with USB OTG
- 2800 mAh battery
- Colours: Black and White
- Price: Rs. 13,499
This is the cheapest smartphone globally to have a fingerprint sensor and it is quite a differentiating factor for a device in the sub-Rs. 15,000 price bracket. The Motorola Atrix 4G was probably one of the first smartphones to have a fingerprint sensor which was then used in the Apple iPhone 5S. Even Samsung’s latest high-end smartphones and tablets have fingerprint sensors in them.