Xolo has quietly launched the Xolo Cube 5.0 in India for Rs 7,999. The smartphone joins the list of budget smartphones running Android 5.0 Lollipop. The distinguishing feature of the smartphone is its display which has a 85 percent NTSC colour gamut (colour coding) which promises high colour contrasts and vivid colour reproduction.
The display has a size of 5.0-inches and gets Dragontrail Glass protection. It gets a 1.3GHz quad-core processor from MediaTek ticking inside it which is joined in by 1GB of RAM. There's an 8-megapixel camera coupled with a LED flash at the rear and a 2-megapixel camera on the front. It comes with pretty much wht you'd expect in this budget range but nothing out of the ordinary. Let us take a look at its specifications:
Xolo Cube 5.0 specifications
- 5-inch OGS IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels, ASAHI Dragontrail glass protection
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- MediaTek MT6582M chipset, 1.3 GHz quad-core CPU, 500 MHz Mali-400 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel front camera
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM
- 2100mAh battery; Dimensions: 143x71x6.9mm
It will be available in black, gold and white colour options. To sum things up, the device disappoints in terms of what it brings to the table with it and you can get much better devices for this price. As a matter of fact, the Lenovo A6000 Plus comes forth as a way better choice at this price point.