Xiaomi today announced its partnership with Smartbox, India’s first and only network of automated parcel delivery terminals. With this service, a customer can quickly get their parcel at any time of the day, removing the hassle of expecting a parcel delivery while at work or home. This smart delivery service is available only on Xiaomi’s Mi.com, and customers can start choosing the option starting today.
Aforesaid, Smartbox platform provides a wide-range of digital parcel lockers across Delhi NCR. The upstart also promised to expand to other parts of the country very soon. While ordering a product on Mi.com, Delhi residents (at least for now) will get the new delivery options that allows users to choose a Smartbox delivery on Mi.com and Mi Store app.
It means users can pick Smartbox as a delivery option, and get their online purchase delivered to a digital locker near their location. The locker can be accessed with a unique OTP and users can pick up their purchase anytime as per their convenience within 72 hours.
Xiaomi stated that it believes in giving its users choice and the option to have their purchases picked up from a safe, convenient and accessible location. “The end-to-end smart offering gives Mi Fans a service that fits into their lifestyle with the aid of technology,” said Xiaomi in a press statement.
The Chinese company also revealed a few numbers about Mi.com. On an average, Mi.com gets over 25 million unique visitors every month and over one million daily active users. Also, the Mi Store application is one of the most popular e-commerce application in Google Play Store with over 20 million app installs and more than 10 million organic downloads.
To avail the Smartbox delivery option, Mi Store app users should make sure that they’re on the latest version 2.10.1 and above. Another best part is Smartbox allows the customers to pay at the delivery terminal itself by choosing credit card/debit card or pay using BHIM/Paytm.
How to avail Smartbox delivery on mi.com?
- Add a product to the shopping cart
- Select a delivery address or add a new address
- If Smartbox delivery is available for the selected address, Smartbox dialogue box will appear on the checkout page.
- The user can select the nearest Smartbox delivery terminal and check-out.
- Once an order is placed, the user will get a confirmation message from mi.com and also a message from Smartbox mentioning pick-up OTP.
- As soon as the product reaches the desired Smartbox terminal, Smartbox team will send a message requesting to pick up the parcel.
- If it is a pre-paid order, the user can get the parcel by entering OTP at the Smartbox terminal
- If it is a COD order, the user can swipe your CC/DC or pay using BHIM/Paytm.
Chakri is a go-to guy for your next smartphone recommendation. Back in his engineering days, he used to play with smartphones by installing custom ROMs and that passion got him into the tech industry. He still goes nuts about a smartphone knocking his door for review. Currently managing everything at Telecom Talk, Chakri is trying to master PUBG Mobile in his free time.