It was only yesterday that Xiaomi teased Redmi 2’s price drop and it has announced the same officially now. The price of the Redmi 2 has been dropped from Rs 6,999 to Rs 5,999 permanently and the same will come into effect immediately across all retail forms the smartphone is available from. The device is available through Mi.com/in, Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, The Mobile Store and Airtel stores.
The Redmi 2 has been facing the heat for a while as the competition caught up to it soon after its launch with better specifications at the same price. The price drop is expected to bring the smartphone into the consideration set of the customers looking for a good sub Rs 6,000 device.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, 64-bit 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 306 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera, autofocus, LED Flash, 1080p video recording, and 2-megapixel front camera
- Dual-SIM connectivity with 4G LTE (supports Indian 4G bands), 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, microUSB v2.0 port with USB OTG, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 2,200 mAh battery
Let us see how the price cut helps the device get attention from the customers. The Redmi Note 4G too had its price dropped recently from Rs 9,999 to Rs 7,999.