As expected, Xiaomi has launched the Mi Band 2 in India. It is company's latest fitness and sleep tracker, which was first unveiled in June. At an event held in New Delhi, Xiaomi has made the Mi Band 2 official in India alongside the Mi Air Purifier 2. The Mi Band 2 has been priced at Rs. 1,999 and will be up for sale on Mi.com (starting from September 27 at 12 PM) Amazon.in. ( starting from September 30, midnight).
The Mi Band 2 features a 0.42-inch OLED screen, which shows steps taken, time, and heart rate whenever the user taps on the button below the display. Users can also customize it to show time and steps whenever the hand lifts. With the Mi Band 2, Xiaomi claims that it has enhanced pedometer algorithm for accurate heart rate tracking and collection of fitness and sleep data.
It is also integrated with IP67 ratings for water resistance, just like the previous Mi Bands. This time around, the Mi Band features a new wristband design that is made up of skin-friendly material and does not slip easily. The wearable will be up for sale in various colour options for wristbands such as Black, Blue, Green, Orange, and much more.
Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Specifications
- 0.42-inch OLED display equipped with scratch-resistant glass, anti-fingerprint coating
- Shows time, steps taken, and heart rate
- Integrated with Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor
- Monitors fitness and tracks sleep; Weighs 7 grams
- Water resistance (IP67 ratings)
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE and
- 70mAh of Li-Po battery offering up to 20 days of standby