Xiaomi has just announced that it will be permanently dropping the price of the 64GB variant of the Mi 4 in India to Rs 17,999. It was only yesterday that Xiaomi announced a price reduction for the Mi 4 64GB to Rs 17,999 for a day. But as the time duration for which the device was discounted ended today, Xiaomi went forth and announced the permanent price cut.
The Xiaomi Mi 4 64GB was initially launched for Rs 23,999 and has been getting regular price cuts. It first had its price reduced to Rs 21,999, then Rs 19,999 and now to Rs 17,999. Its closest competitor, OnePlus One, continues to sell for Rs 21,998 for the 64GB variant though it keeps on getting discounts every now and then. The price reduction has made Mi 4 a serious competitor in the mid-range and if you can live with the fact that it doesn't have 4G, this is probably one of the best devices money can buy for Rs 17,999. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Xiaomi Mi 4 64GB Specifications
- 5.0-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 4.4 KitKat-based MIUI 6.0
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 SoC with 2.5GHz quad-core Krait 400 CPU and Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM and 64GB internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and 2160p 4K video recording, and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- Single-SIM, 3G HSPA+, FM Radio, dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, microUSB 2.0 port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 3,080 mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 2.0 (60 percent charging in 30 minutes)
It will be available with the reduced prices across all the retail channels it is sold through.