It's been a year since Xiaomi reached India and set ablaze the world of smartphones of India. July 22nd is when it commenced its Indian operations and the company is now readying itself up for the first anniversary celebrations. The company has started putting up teasers regarding what can be expected.
The latest word on the street is Xiaomi might just launch the 32GB variant of the Mi 4i tomorrow. The smartphone lacks a microSD card slot and Xiaomi has already made it clear that it will focus on launching devices without microSD card slots. The Mi 4i currently comes only in 16GB guise and a 32GB edition would be quite welcome.
Hugo Barra had also mentioned at the time of the device's launch that its higher capacity variants would be launched in the country and this might just be the right time to do so too. Xiaomi may not hike the prices and might just announce an upgraded version. Let us quickly revisit its specifications:
Xiaomi Mi 4i specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 441 ppi, OGS (One Glass Solution)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop-based MIUI 6 with support for 6 Indian languages
- 64-bit Snapdragon 615 processor, 1.7GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU + 1.1GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU, Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB non-expandable internal storage, 32GB (expected)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, dual-tone dual-LED flash, five-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera
- Dual-SIM (4G + 3G/2G), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity
- 3,120 mAh battery
The company will launch new offers the entire coming week to celebrate its first anniversary in the country. Let us wait and watch what all it has in store for us.