Vodafone India has tied up with the country's popular ride-hailing services- Meru, Easy and Mega cabs to assist customers in upgrading their existing SIM card to a Vodafone 4G SIM card. Vodafone has refurbished nearly 500 cabs into 4G SIM mobile dispensers to allow customers get the 4G SIM card without any hassles.
Infographics 4G SIM card kits (both prepaid and postpaid) are placed in the dispensers of these cabs with instructions for the commuter who sits in the cab and wishes to upgrade their SIM. The customer can pick this SIM kit, follow the instructions inside and upgrade their existing Vodafone 3G SIM to a 4G SIM free of cost.
Vodafone is also offering 4GB free data for ten days for prepaid customers and 4GB till the billing cycle for postpaid customers. Vodafone will run this activity for one month from today.
Commenting on the month long activity Alok Verma, Business Head, Delhi-NCR, “Since the launch of 4G services in Delhi last year, we have witnessed a tremendous shift in usage to 4G data from 2G & 3G data. To experience this world class 4G network, it’s essential that our consumers upgrade their 3G SIMs to 4G SIMs, and this tie-up is a unique intervention to make this process mobile and within easy reach of our consumers. From home delivering the SIMs to extensive presence at all our retail touch points and now associating with leading cab aggregators, Vodafone has tried to ensure that our customers get easy access to the 4G SIM and our Data strong services.”
Vodafone says that in case customers face any issues with the SIM exchange process, they can call 199 or seek assistance from the staff at any Vodafone retail store in the city.
As part of this activity, Vodafone is also planning to do four assisted SIM replacement demos in these cabs, where an executive will be travelling in these cabs on pre-assigned routes and help solving customer queries. Vodafone subscribers can also walk up to cabs and can ask the driver for 4G SIMs.
Here's a detailed process for customers to switch to a 4G-ready SIM:
- Get a 4G-Ready SIM
- After proper identification process & 4G enabled handset compatibility check, you will receive the new 4G-SIM card.
- To activate the SIM card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX ’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you)
- You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
- Please send the last six digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step
- You will get a success SMS, post which your 4G-Ready SIM will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
Subsequently, replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G-Ready SIM and enjoy the Vodafone 4G services.