Vodafone India, one of India’s leading telecommunication services providers, today announced the launch of its Vodafone SuperNet 4G service in North East and Assam beginning from the the capital city of Arunachal Pradesh – Itanagar.
Shri Pema Khandu, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh graced this momentous occasion of 4G launch in Itanagar, and congratulated Vodafone for starting this high-speed data services in the city. Vodafone SuperNet 4G services will be rolled out across major towns and cities of Assam & North East Circles by March 2017.
The launch in Itanagar,Arunachal Pradesh follows the successful launch of Vodafone SuperNet services in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata, Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Haryana, UP East, Gujarat, Rest of Bengal, and Rajasthan Circles.
Built on the efficient 1800 MHz band, this state-of-the-art network will enable Vodafone SuperNet 4G customers to access internet via mobile with speeds across a range of smart devices including Mi-Fi & dongles. Vodafone 4G services can be readily accessed from 4G enabled handsets, offered by leading smartphone manufacturers and available across the country.
Vodafone SuperNet 4G will significantly enhance the mobile internet experience for customers with faster download/upload of videos and music, seamless video chats and will also facilitate greater ease in using their favourite apps. Customers will also adore features like high definition video streaming, mobile gaming and two-way video calling.
Vodafone SuperNet 4G services in North East and Assam is built on a strong fibre backhaul and is supported by its superfast 3G services on a new and modern network. With this launch, Vodafone is now uniquely positioned to offer in Assam and North East, 2G/3G/4G services on its own state of the art, convergent radio technology.
Arvind Vohra, Operations Director, Vodafone India said, “As a steadfast partner to Digital India, we are delighted to launch Vodafone SuperNet 4G in one of the key markets in North East and Assam – Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh during this third phase of our 4G rollout. 4G has the potential to revolutionize the mobile experience through powerful innovation that impacts how we work and live. Vodafone’s global expertise and experience of launching 4G across 20 countries gives us a better understanding of this technology and the needs of the 4G customer. Following overwhelming response received in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata, Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Haryana, UP EAST, Gujarat, Rest of Bengal and Rajasthan, our customers in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh can now enjoy the world’s largest 4G network experience from today.”
Now in its third phase of launch, Vodafone SuperNet 4G services will soon also be available in other parts of North East & and Assam, and also in Punjab, UP West, Odisha, Maharashtra & Goa, Chennai & Tamil Nadu taking 4G coverage to 2400 towns across 17 circles in the country by March 2017. These 17 circles together contribute to over 90 percent of Vodafone India’s data revenues.
Speaking on the Vodafone SuperNet 4G propositions for Assam & North East, Alok Verma, Business Head–Assam & North East Circle, Vodafone India, said, “Arunachal Pradesh is a key market for Vodafone India and as one of the leading telecom service providers our 5.5 million customers in North East & Assam have a lot to look forward to. Beginning with key tourism and residential corridors of Itanagar, we will soon expand our Vodafone SuperNet 4G services across the entire state and other parts of Assam & North East Circle in a phased manner. We invite our data savvy customers in the city to make the most of the bonanza of special benefits being offered and enjoy the best mobile internet experience.”
Vodafone’s customers in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh have a bonanza of special benefits to enjoy the Vodafone SuperNetTM4G experience seamlessly. This includes:
- FREE upgrade to 4G for customers along with high-speed 4G SIM. 2GB Data free with every 4G SIM upgrade
- Faster 4G services at 3G prices
- Array of Data Packs starting from as little as INR 8 for 30 MB
- Customers buying greater than 1GB packs will also get twice the data allowance in 4G
- Double Data for all 4G RED customers
- Enjoy 3 months access to FREE TV, Movies & Videos on VODAFONE PLAY as part of Vodafone 4G subscription
- Leading entertainment destination with 100+ Live TV channels, over 18000 movies and TV show titles and a wide range of all genres of music, in partnership with HUNGAMA PLAY and HOOQ
- 4G Mi-Fi that supports Wi-Fi connectivity for up to 10 devices
- Enhanced customer experience – immediate 4G SIM exchange at multiple touch points; door-step delivery of postpaid 4G SIMs
- Enjoy 4G international roaming in 12 countries i.e. UK, Turkey, Ireland, Singapore, Albania, Netherlands, Romania, Germany, Greece & Czech Republic, many more countries to be launched in the near future
- Seamless customer experience
- Instant SIM swap at all Vodafone stores and select retail outlets
- Vodafone subscribers can also check if their SIM / Phone is 4G compatible by sending an SMS to 199
Also read: Vodafone Unlimited Calling
In the circle, Vodafone has a large retail footprint with 290 Vodafone branded stores spread across prominent localities in the state, making it convenient for customers to access Vodafone’s products and services within their neighborhood.