The OEMs of the East are making their way to Indian shores at a pretty brisk pace. Umi Mobiles from China is the latest one to make its way to India and has quietly launched the Umi Hammer in India for Rs 10,999. The smartphone is available on Flipkart. The Umi Hammer is being claimed to be the strongest phone in the world.
It has a dual-glass screen with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. Its frame has been built using aviation grade aluminium so it is an all the more a sturdier phone. The device has a 5-inch HD display and will be catering to the ones who are in the habit of dropping their phones on more than one occasion. There’s a 64-bit MediaTek MT6732 chipset under the hood and it boots Android 4.4 KitKat. It also has support for 4G LTE for the Indian brands. Let us quickly go through its specifications:
Umi Hammer Specifications
- 5-inch display, 1280 x 720 pixels, Corning-Gorilla Glass
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 64-bit MediaTek MT6732 chipset, 1.5GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 64GB)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, microUSB
- 2,250mAh battery
Umi may bring more devices to India in future and we would be hoping that the company makes an official announcement soon.