Twitter is now available in public beta mode for BlackBerry users around the globe.One can download the application for free.Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones has been available in a limited preview since February and the version that is launched in public beta today includes new features.
One can download the application from BlackBerry App World or by visiting mobile.blackberry.com from their BlackBerry smartphones.
The Twitter for BlackBerry application is available for BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS version 4.5 or higher with at least 64-MB of built in memory (with at least 750KB available).
Features of the Twitter for BlackBerry smartphone application include:
• Push Notifications for Direct Messages
• Direct Twitter messages are delivered to the users’ BlackBerry application through the use of BlackBerry® Push technology
• When a direct message is received, the user will be notified with a splat on the Twitter ribbon application as well as the home screen icon
• Timeline Support
• Users can view the timeline of the Twitter users they are following, the Tweets posted by the users and the replies to the user
•Following & Followers
•Users can view a list of the Twitter users who they are currently following or who are currently following them
•Tweeting and Re-Tweeting
•Users can post new tweets, delete tweets, re-tweet (forward), reply to tweets (@Replies), and send direct messages
•User can send a tweet to various other options including Facebook®, Email, PIN, SMS, MMS, and BlackBerry® Messenger
•Keyword, User, and Proximity Search
•Keyword Search: search for keywords from within the application, the search results are displayed as a Timeline
•User Search: search for other Twitter users from within the application.
•Proximity Search: Search for tweets within a chosen location
•User can post a photo from within the app, their BlackBerry camera, or media card as part of a new Tweet
•Users can also view photos in the stream
•Users can view a list of the top 10 trending topics on Twitter, and they are able to click on a topic to bring up a Timeline
• Users can edit their own Twitter profile or change their profile image from the application
• Seamless integration into core BlackBerry Applications
•The application is integrated completely into Media, browser, BlackBerry App World™, and message list
• URL Shortening
•User can tweet or send direct message of websites from the Browser using URL shrinkage (bit.Ly support)
A Happy Geek and a Network Research Engineer with a really cool day job…