Spice has launched the Stellar 526n Octa, a lower mid-range Android smartphone, for Rs. 7,999. It features a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display, 1.4 GHz octa-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, microSD card slot, and a 2,500 mAh battery. It also features an 8-megapixel camera on the rear and a 3.2-megapixel camera on the front.
Spice Stellar 526n Octa Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 294 ppi
- Android 4.4 Operating System
- 1.4GHz octa-core CPU and 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot
- 8MP primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, and 3.2MP secondary camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm audio jack
- 2,500 mAh battery
Our customers are at the core of our company’s strategy and we always strive to introduce products that delight our customers. Following up on the excellent response to our Stellar 526 smartphone, we decided to introduce a faster Octa-Core version of the phone with excellent specifications for technology enthusiasts seeking a combination of cutting edge technology and style.
– Prashant Bindal, CEO, Spice Mobility.
The Spice Stellar 526n Octa will be available in Metallic White and Pebble Blue colours, and will go on sale shortly through all the major offline and online retailers in the country. According to me, this device should have had more RAM and Android Lollipop to be able to entice buyers. I think that 1GB of RAM can prove to be a performance bottleneck, especially since it comes with an octa-core processor.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.