The fight for reducing call rates is on with telecom operators as this is the only way for new telecom operators to gain market share.
Freecharge.in an online prepaid mobile recharge service analysed 100,000 transactions made on the site over September and October 2010 to find out the various patterns of prepaid mobile recharge.
* Vodafone users spend the highest on prepaid talk-times at around 15% more than the overall avg. of Rs.128.
* Aircel customers spent the least at around 21% lower than over all avg.
* Karnataka is the highest spending circle – around 16% more than the avg.
* Avg. ticket size on credit card transactions is 34% higher than Netbanking transactions and 83% higher than Debit card transactions.
* SBI customers prefer using debit cards for online transactions whereas ICICI customers use their net-banking account.
Currently around 1% of all mobile recharges happen online but this share is growing rapidly with increasing internet connectivity and the masses finding it convenient to make utility transactions from the comfort of their home.