Sony has officially announced the successor to the Xperia ZL. the Sony Xperia ZL2. It comes with almost exactly similar hardware specifications to the Xperia Z2. It comes with a slightly smaller 5 inch 1080p display, 20.7 MP camera, Android 4.4.2 KitKat and a 3000 mAh battery.
Sony Xperia ZL2 Specifications
- 5 inch Triluminous display, IPS LCD screen, 1920 x 1080 pixels, X-Reality Engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage & micro SD card slot
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 20.7 MP rear-facing primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, pixel binning, 4K video recording
- 3.1 MP front-facing secondary camera, 1080p @ 30 frames second
- IP55/58 ruggedness
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, A-GPS, Miracast & microUSB v2.0 port
- 3000 mAh battery, 10.8 mm & 160 grams
The Sony Xperia ZL2 can be seen as a cheaper version of the Xperia Z2, which was launched today in India. The differences being its design and build materials as it comes with plastic body with no glass protection on the back.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.